Thursday, July 21, 2005

broadband has arrived

hi all,

I've finally got my broadband connection up and running so I can now use the internet again, and now I have a dangerous feeling of power as everything is just so quick (8Mb instead of 56k like i'm used to).

It's actually verging on the harmful as i've realised that the thing which once stopped me from surfing randomly off into the uncharted reaches of the internet for hours was actually not my own self-discipline but mere impatience with waiting ages for download times. Now i'm not limited by that, the temptation to spend hours (for example) firing kittens out of cannons is almost impossible to overcome. It dosen't exactly help me get work done (and it's not great for the kittens either!). (By the way though, if you actually want to fire kittens out of cannons then try this link: The Kitten Cannon Game).

It's like that with so many of my supposed virtues, unfortunately. For example, I like to think of myself as an honest person, but in my darker moments I suspect that this is mainly because lying is so much harder work, at least if you want to avoid getting caught out, and requires far more imagination and better memory than telling the truth. I suppose what i'm saying is that sometimes my bad traits are limited more by lack of ability than by moral rectitude.

Hmm, I seem to have moved off the subject slightly. Anyway, the plus side of getting broadband is that it's now no longer a hassle to post photos, so you can expect to see some more being posted up soon. Look out for some tonight.

Comments:
My latest record on kitten cannon is 880 ft by the way.

Beat that!
 
1101 feet now!

Really have to stop playing that game.
 
I can't believe you made me do this!! I got 1276 ft within 10 min by the way...
 
Now my high score is 1371 ft. I should stop playing this now!!
 
1715 ft. That was using a relatively flat trajectory, I think 15 degrees, though this tactic was aided by quite a lot of luck.

Clearly i'm never going to be able to stop playing this one!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?