Thursday, July 14, 2005

hi, just passing through

hi,

Sorry i've been a bit quiet again of late. I've been travelling all over the place in the last few weeks, and i'm in fact off to Glade festival tomorrow morning for a few days.

On my travels last week I took in London, arriving on wednesday to be greeted with the news we'd won the Olympics, and then was about to start celebrating my birthday on thursday when we heard about the bombings. Suffice to say I didn't really think it was appropriate to celebrate after that. Luckily everyone I know escaped unharmed, though several of my friends were understandably shaken by the whole thing. There's not really a lot I can think of to say about it that hasn't already been said by others, so perhaps it's best to leave it at that. My only hope is that the other major issues of the moment e.g. Africa and climate change don't get completely forgotten about in the aftermath of this tragedy.

On a lighter note, i've got loads of photos of the camping trips we've been on recently to Edale. The best of these, plus hopefully some good photos from Glade, will appear on this blog once I get back next week. There's an outside chance that our house broadband connection will be working properly by then - we can but hope.

Also coming up on saturday week is the mass pillow fight, which i've been posting about for a while now. Though i've kept the publicising for this to more-or-less word of mouth, I hope quite a few people will be joining us, though frankly even if its just a handful of us it ought to be pretty good. Whatever the turnout, photos of this will also appear soon.

I managed to get round to sorting out the site feed for this blog the other day (see below). It should work OK but if you find it dosen't then let me know.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?